Vinya Secret Sup Society: Early 20th Century Madeira, May 13th
Join us for an exclusive six-course dinner paired with some of the rarest and most exquisite Madeira wines from the past century. Led by Vinya's wine expert, Allegra Angelo, and Bart Laming, the founder of Old Liquors Inc., this is an opportunity to indulge in some of the finest wines from the early 20th century.
The Secret "Sup" Society promises an evening of exclusive company, intriguing conversation, and exceptional wines. Taking place on Saturday, May 13th, at 7pm in the private upstairs room at Vinya Table, this event is limited to ten guests.
Each course by Chef Mariano will be paired with a unique Madeira wine from a different decade, starting from 1900 to 1939. Your guides for the night will take you on a journey through history as you taste the finest Madeira wines of the past century.
The carefully curated lineup for the night includes:
- Madeira 1900 Malvasia: A delightful Malvasia Madeira, known for its luscious sweetness and flavors of raisins, figs, and caramel. This wine exhibits the opulence and intensity characteristic of the Malvasia grape variety.
- Madeira 1904 Leacock's Sercial Solera: This distinguished Sercial Madeira from Leacock's is marked by its dry, elegant profile, with crisp acidity and flavors of citrus and nuts. Its refined complexity demonstrates the quality of Sercial Madeiras.
- Madeira 1911 J.S. Sousa Moscatel: A unique Moscatel Madeira featuring floral and fruity aromas combined with honeyed sweetness. Produced by J.S. Sousa, this wine captures the delicate balance and enticing flavors that make Moscatel Madeiras special.
- Madeira 1927 Bastardo: A rare and captivating Bastardo Madeira, offering a medium-sweet profile with notes of red fruit, spice, and chocolate. This exceptional wine showcases the distinctive character of the Bastardo grape variety.
- Madeira 1934 Belem's Verdelho Reserve: A refined Verdelho Madeira with a balanced, medium-dry profile, displaying flavors of dried fruit, spice, and a touch of smokiness. Belem's Reserve highlights the complexity and finesse typical of Verdelho Madeiras.
- Madeira 1939 Terrantez: The 1939 Terrantez Madeira is a highly treasured wine, prized for its unique flavors of dried fruit, caramel, and citrus zest. Its distinct character reflects the rare and exceptional nature of the Terrantez grape variety.
The cost for this once-in-a-lifetime experience is $500 per person, which includes tax and gratuity. Book your seat now, and join us for an unforgettable night of indulgence and discovery.
All of our wines are shipped from our temperature-controlled warehouse located in Miami, FL. We currently ship to most states and offer next-day delivery Monday-Friday for Miami-Dade residents.